50th Year Events
Upcoming Events & Celebrations
Since 1973 Senior Scholars has been broadening intellectual perspective on international, national, local issues, and offering opportunities to grow skills and meet new people by volunteering.
We will be celebrating all year with various events and treats. Look for the 50th Anniversary table at each meeting.
- January 13: Welcome back bookmarks.
- January 27: Fortune cookies for the Chinese New Year; Park Road Books gift certificate raffle.
- February 3: Superbowl chocolate football candy
- February 10: Valentine Treat bags
- February 17: $50 gift certificate to Trios restaurant
- February 24: Mardi Gras treats
- March 3: Donut holes
- March 10: Black Hawk Gift Certificate, $50; chocolate cookies
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day assorted candy
- March 24: March Madness, donut holes
- March 31: Small cupcakes and gift certificate for Fresh Market
- April 14: Limerick presentation by Emerson Bell; Fenwicks Gift Certificate; Tax day; donuts served
- April 21: Trail mix
- April 28: Deadline for recipes and limericks
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo; Red Rock’s Gift Certificate
- May 31: Spring Luncheon (see details in sidebar)
Do you have a favorite recipe you’d like to share?
Members are asked to submit their favorite recipes from over the years.
Paper will be provided on back table. Deadline April 28
Recipes will be collected and collated to be given out at Spring luncheon April 7, 2023.
WHEN: May 31, 2023
WHERE: Carmel Country Club
COST: $45, 3 course meal
SPEAKER: Tommy Tomlinson
POET: Mary Allen Todd
Recognition of past presidents
Violinist Nate Lambert
Recipes and limericks available
Small Business Donations
Thanks to the following local small businesses whose donations are helping celebrate our golden anniversary.
- Park Road Books
- Trio Restaurant
- Black Hawk Hardware
- Red Rock’s Restaurant
- Fenwick’s Restaurant