We are so glad you have joined us!
Your New Member Information packet can be found below.
We invite you to get involved!
The Email Blast: Sent early Monday morning before the Friday meeting to all members who have provided membership with an email address. (Senior Scholars does not meet in December, June, July and August.) The email highlights this week's meetings and activities, as well as giving future actionable items of interest such as field trips, Lunch Bunch, etc.
If within two weeks of becoming a member you are not receiving the email please review the About Emails section for methods to correct the problem. Over 90% of reported problems have been solved by looking in and acting upon email in the "Junk" directory.
The Website: resets over the weekend it provides timely - it may be updated during the week - access to:
- Home contains the Senior Scholars Scolling Calendar along with other announcements
- About us provides an organizational overview including meeting schedules and Board and Committee member names.
- Speakers and Events overviews in date order current and future activities.
- Field Trips detailed information about the most recent or planned field trips.
- Wildacres detailed information about the retreat and last year's photo album.
- Archive contains a link to past emails and access to speaker presentation and sound recordings.
- About Emails contains tips and details about the Email Blast process and access to past emails.
- New Members this page.
- Join Our Weekly Emails allows nonmembers to sign up for our the weekly emails.
Sscholars @ yahoo.com: The Senior Scholars at Queens email address. It is monitored by a board member, who responds directly or forwards it to the appropriate committee.
Senior Scholars at Queens
1900 Selwyn Avenue, MSC 1409
Charlotte, NC 28274
Lunch At Queens University
After our Friday meetings, several Senior Scholars go to lunch at the Pulse Dining Hall located on the first floor of the Trexler Student Center on the main Queens University campus. It is an all-you-care-to-eat dining facility with a variety of good quality food choices for one fixed price ($10.50 with tax). Senior Scholars can get a Queens University Q-Card which allows you to purchase prepaid meals at a discount. This is another opportunity to get to know more folks. The fulltime students dine here also, so just look for us Seniors!
Q-Card: (Queens ID Card)
Senior Scholars may take advantage of the Queens University Q-card system. Discounts are variable and could range up to 20%. When purchasing 10 lunches the discounted cost for an all-you-care-to-eat lunch is $8.08. Be prepared to have your picture taken when applying for a Q-card.
To get a Q-card: Q-cards are issued at the campus security guard office. The campus security office is now housed on the first floor of the white Withers house located at the intersection on Selwyn and Wellesley.
To add meals: Go to the post office that is located downstairs in the Texler building. Near the post office is an administrative office where they can receive payments for meals that are added to your Q-card account.
Handicapped parking can be found along Selwyn Ave
Contact: Carol Kesmodel, Chairman of Arrangements and Social Committee.
Newcomer's Coffee @ 9:30 AM
Meets the first Friday of the month by the membership table.